[time-nuts] Re: 32.768Khz Crystal Trimming

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Apr 4 19:14:34 UTC 2022

Hi

The cap ratio very much depends on how the internals of the chip
got done. Since you have zero info on that, it’s best to stick with the
ratios and approximate values shown in the app notes.

The most common way to get a fine grain tune is to put something
large in series with the crystal (maybe 120 or 240 pf)  and then pad
it with small values (maybe 0.5 to 10 pf). Yes, we just took up more
board space and upped the BOM … sorry about that :)

Bob