[time-nuts] Re: Low Phase Noise 10 MHz bench signal source sought

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Thu Apr 7 22:58:22 UTC 2022

On 4/7/22 18:46, Lux, Jim wrote:

> Wenzel is not some giant WalMart of oscillators, with forklifts going
> hither and yon full of palletized ULNs - there are probably 50-60 people
> there total, so odds are, you'll be talking to someone who actually has
> touched (with gloves) your oscillator.

This is true.  Wenzel is a small shop that really tries to be helpful.
For example, I've asked them for details on surplus oscillators that
have a custom part number.  They won't give you data for that exact
part, but they'll nudge you to something that's very similar.

And while they're by no means cheap, a lot of their
multiplier/divider/buffer/PLL/etc. modules are not out of the reach of a
serious experimenter.  They actually have things in their parts list
that are priced in three figures.

They're just good people.

John