[time-nuts] Re: Looking for a new GNSS-receiver for a disciplined oscillator - Which one to buy?

Georg Sauthoff mail at gms.tf
Sat Apr 16 10:10:19 UTC 2022

Hello,

On Mon, Mar 14, 2022 at 05:59:58PM +0000, Elad Wind wrote:
> How about the OCP time card?
> There should be a few suppliers today.

I couldn't find any, as of now.

https://github.com/opencomputeproject/Time-Appliance-Project/tree/master/Time-Card

still reads:

'However, we are currently working with several suppliers and will have
 their contact info soon available to allow you to purchase an
 out-of-the-box ready Time Card.'

> If you need a NIC and a GNSS receiver in one look at NVIDIA’s
> https://www.opencompute.org/products/441/nvidia-connectx-6-dx-dual-port-100gbe-nic-and-time-card

FWIW, the MCX623106GN-CDAT Nvida card is already marked as legacy and EOL:
https://docs.nvidia.com/networking/display/ConnectX6DxEN

The MCX623106GC-CDAT might be a similar successor (100 GBE with PPS
In/Out, Enhanced-SyncE & PTP GM support and GNSS, PCIe 4.0 x16), but I
don't even find a dedicated product page for it - let a lone a shop
listing.

Certainly, it doesn't look cheap.

Better availabilty should have the Cisco Nexus NIC GM (the GM formerly
known as Exablaze ExaNIC GM), which can be ordered with an OCXO or CSAC:

https://exablaze.com/docs/exanic/user-guide/exanic-gm/
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/nexus-smartnic/datasheet-c78-743824.pdf

Also not cheap, especially after the Cisco acquisition.

Intel also lists a NIC with GPS onboard option, but it's pretty new,
i.e. probably still at the sample/pre-order stage.

Best regards,
Georg

--
'[..] they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up
 serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt