[time-nuts] Re: NIST GPS Data Archive

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Mon Aug 8 20:27:44 UTC 2022

Hi Skip,

First of all, good work and a nice read!

Yes, the TMAS system still is single-frequency common view processing. I
asked again as I hung out with the NIST folks during WSTS in Denver. For
what they need, it remains an economical solution. Prices for new
double-frequency receivers have dropped, so eventually they may make the
change.

I assume you force-feed a Thunderbolt with the 10 MHz from the maser and
then just look at the differences, without trying to close the loop.

Can maybe the NIST data be delivered in some standard format so that
Lady Heather (or other program) could eat that, or should one implement
it more directly? I would love a core library to be readabtable to
various useages.

Cheers,
Magnus