[time-nuts] Re: Seeking info on Ericsson NCD 901 56/1 devices

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Aug 10 02:34:53 UTC 2022

Hi

Just as a guess …..

POE ethernet powered GPS receiver. Maybe speaking an Ericsson specific
“babble”. Size is about right for a typical GPS module plus a redundant
ethernet interface. The RJ45’s *appear* to have the normal ethernet signaling
LED’s.

Typical use? Who knows …. quite likely a “time of day” reference to some
piece of gear.

At the price for the cheaper ones, simple answer is to buy a couple and take
a hammer to the first one. Then you will have a pretty good idea of what’s inside
and how to power it up.

Bob