[time-nuts] Re: Custom Quartz crystals

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Wed Aug 17 13:28:05 UTC 2022

It is hard to answer your question.  The tuning range
depends on the varactor(s) used in the respective
oscillators, and the range of the tuning voltages.
I think I could roughly say from memory that putting
in a crystal meant for the other oscillator would
probably result in not being able to reach 10.000000
MHz.  Or just barely reaching it and having no
aging margin.  I had to apply a lot of arm twisting
to Jack Kusters to get him to make the series
resonant (at 10 MHz) crystals.  I made sure that
this was really necessary before going to war on it.

Rick N6RK