[time-nuts] Re: Custom Quartz crystals

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Aug 19 15:36:55 UTC 2022

Hi

Thanks to a bit of off list coaching from those who’s memory (obviously)
better than mine :) :

This is the magic test set that Motorola (and many others) got pretty
heavily into:

https://isolalab.com/pinetwork.html <https://isolalab.com/pinetwork.html>

The gizmo is right at the top of the page. There’s a nice paragraph next
to it and a diagram of what’s inside.

The original outfit that made it ( Cathodeon / Pye ) has been out of business
for quite a while. They apparently made the fixture to support their
crystal manufacturing business. Just how many fixtures they sold to
their competitors …. no idea.

Bob