[time-nuts] Re: RCB-F9T Adapter PCB with USB and 50 Ohm Timepulse SMA Connectors

Erik Kaashoek erik at kaashoek.com
Wed Aug 24 08:05:23 UTC 2022

Carsten,
Forgive me asking an uninformed question
The LM27761 switches at 2MHz and is claimed to be low noise as the
switching is so fast but I expect it radiates at 2MHz and all harmonics.
You are looking for a 1ns rise time, probably to avoid diluting the 1PPS
accuracy, so the moment the 1PPS signal causes the line driver to switch
must be very well determined and stable
How do you avoid these harmonics to interfere with this switching?
I'm asking because I'm experiencing some problems with leakage of a
10MHz clock into the input of a fast comparator used for edge detection
and input to a counter, both on the same PCB, so I hope to learn from you.
Erik.