[time-nuts] Re: RCB-F9T Adapter PCB with USB and 50 Ohm Timepulse SMA Connectors

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Wed Aug 24 16:46:36 UTC 2022

On 8/24/22 04:26, Gerhard Hoffmann via time-nuts wrote:

> Beware that the LTC6957 might be home of some gremlins, too.
> The last picture was taken on an unused output, just 30 mm wrap wire
> and 100K/0.6pF/2.4GHz probe. I don't believe that the other output
> is unaffected by that, PN or jitter-wise. At least with some load
> there is nothing to see on this scope.

I recently used an LTC6957 as a sine-to-differential converter to drive
an SiLabs chip from a 50 MHz TCXO (following the schematic in the data
sheet).   FWIW, the phase noise at the output was no better (or worse)
than simply using a balun and center-tapped transformer for the
conversion.  Of course, it may just be that the TCXO's PN and/or
synthesizer limitations masked any improvement it might have made.

John