[time-nuts] Re: DOXCO from Z3801

Andy Talbot andy.g4jnt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 09:45:14 UTC 2022

Thanks to all who replied.   I had it running all yesterday on the inner
oven alone, and considering it was switched on from cold, held
remarkable stability.  It's off now, and will sit there until needed or I
decide to  make up another shack reference.
I believe it's the same OCXO as in the HP5061, which I've had
running mostly on standby for 30 years.  That's kept well within a couple
of PPB over the years.   Difficult to say exactly, as I tweak it manually
against GPS every few weeks / months, based on time slippage of it's one
PPS output vs. GPS.

I use my reference for high stability microwave work, so short /
medium term stability is of greater importance than being spot-on frequency
averaged over a long period.

A nice OCXO.

Andy
www.g4jnt.com