[time-nuts] Updated Time Hat SD Card Image

John Miller john at millerjs.org
Sun Dec 11 21:26:54 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone,
I've had a few folks reach out to me recently about getting an updated disk image for Raspberry Pis running the TimeHat. It seems like some folks ran into issues where performing upgrades broke chrony or gpsd, and some SD cards are getting corrupted - which is something that happens unfortunately with SD cards, no matter how much you try to limit writes.

Anyways, I recently created an updated image, and if anyone would like to, they are free to use it on their systems, whether or not you originally purchased a pre-configured SD card from me.

This has the latest (as of about a week ago, anyway) updates for DietPi/Debian as well as Chrony and GPSD.

https://www.millerjs.org/TimeHat32_20221126.img.xz

Decompress the image with 7zip or the xz command line too, then write it out to a flash drive that's at least 4GB in size. You can use dd or Balena Etcher or whatever tool you'd like. Everything else is the same, but feel free to reach out to me if you have any problems or questions.

Regards,
John Miller
KC1QLN