[time-nuts] Mains frequency in Europe last night

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Tue Dec 13 11:47:01 UTC 2022

There was a discussion on another list about data from Gridwatch

https://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/

"Gridwatch watching is an interest on this list so I thought I would raise
the question of what was happening last night. The demand did the usual
thing of tailing off after 8pm and then spiked multiple times until 2330 to
0015 this morning when there was a 45min period at peak demand. Does anyone
know what caused that behaviour?"

Some thought it might be a data collection issue with the site. I wonder if
anyone who monitors the mains frequency saw any significant changes, as one
would expect if there were suddenly large jumps in demand.

Dr David Kirkby Ph.D
Email: drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk Web:
https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Kirkby Microwave Ltd (Tel 01621-680100 / +44 1621-680100)
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT.