[time-nuts] Re: hydrogen rich environment and oscillators

Lux, Jim jim at luxfamily.com
Tue Dec 13 19:16:19 UTC 2022

On 12/13/22 10:26 AM, Tom Van Baak via time-nuts wrote:
> > In my garage - the work of a weekend.
>
> After you stop at the industrial gas or party store to pick up bottles
> of He and H, stop at a tire shop and have them remove both rear tires.
> Throw half a dozen SMD oscillators inside each one, and re-fill one
> tire with He and the other with H. Drive around for a day or two (or
> until one or both tires go flat), remove the oscillators, and measure
> them.
>
> This method not only tests He and H gas leakage but also mimics the
> acceleration violence of launch and periods of gravity free-fall. No
> chamber necessary. And you have to drive to pickup and return the
> bottles anyway.

You're assuming I don't happen to have a bottle of He or H2 at home (or
at a friend's house), and a pressure pot <grin>. These things are tiny..
I could probably electrolyze water to make enough H2 and use a spare air
cylinder with a weight to pressurize it.

But I like the idea of the field expedient vibe/shock test.