[time-nuts] Re: hydrogen rich environment and oscillators

Lux, Jim jim at luxfamily.com
Tue Dec 13 21:10:19 UTC 2022

On 12/13/22 11:48 AM, Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> The MIL-STD 202 folks seemed to be quite happy with a 10% mix of He and whatever. My guess is
> that you could fill the pressure chamber with your water sourced H2 and then blow it up to 50 PSI
> with the shop compressor.
>
> The obvious disadvantage of any process using H2 is fire / explosion. I’m not 100% sure this is the
> approach I’d want to take …..

yeah, since the flammable range for H2 is pretty wide.

So do it in the back yard, not the garage or living room.

And if it's just a few cc of H2, I'd think the pressure pot would
contain any "momentary overpressure"

This does bring up an interesting idea for time-nut-ty experimentation.
Is there a cheap connector/feedthrough that can take 100 psi or so to be
able to make measurements "in-situ"? Hermetic RF connectors are
available (not cheap new, but perhaps surplus), but I've only used them
for 15 psi differential (e.g. atmosphere outside to vacuum inside). I've
also used non-resistor spark plugs as HV hermetic feed throughs (there's
some specific Champion number that has a particularly long reach).
Something like a D-sub with a dozen or so pins might be convenient,
especially if it's round (since round holes are easier to drill)