[time-nuts] Re: hydrogen rich environment and oscillators

Steve Hendrix, P.E. SteveHx at HxEngineering.com
Tue Dec 13 21:36:29 UTC 2022

On 2022-12-13 04:10 PM, Lux, Jim via time-nuts wrote:
> yeah, since the flammable range for H2 is pretty wide.
I recall from a number of decades ago when I worked on aerospace systems
that used large amounts of H2, that the lower explosive limit for
hydrogen in air was 4%, so we had all our sensors set to alarm at 2%.
Keep in mind, though, that if hydrogen gets loose it can burn, but if
pure oxygen gets loose, EVERYTHING will burn. And as others said, a tiny
quantity only has so much energy available.

Steve Hendrix