[time-nuts] Re: Crazy Clock

John Franke jmfranke at cox.net
Thu Dec 15 20:18:50 UTC 2022

A dozen years ago, I used the 1pps signal from a Jupiter GPS receiver to drive a pair of NIXIE tubes. The sixty second overflow from the NIXIE tubes advances the hands of the Standard Electric Time wall clock. I know it is not exactly you are reaching for, but it is still running, and interesting to me to see an early 1900's clock movement being driven by a 1950's NIXIE seconds counter and a 2000's GPS receiver.

John WA4WDL.