[time-nuts] Re: Crazy Clock

Thomas D. Erb tde at electrictime.com
Fri Dec 16 15:55:04 UTC 2022

School systems clocks have lots of different correction protocols - I call them "predictive motion"  one of the standards sends a short pulse once an hour and a longer one twice a day - sometimes this signal was sent with large frequency generators tied to the  local power grid and notch filters added to clock.  One old story was I believe Stromberg installed a system at a NYC airport in the 50's and everything worked fine during the day until they buffed the floors at night.

There are 24VDC Reverse Polarity movements available out of Europe - that can be easily run with a H-Bridge.

Telechron - a firm which my company grew out of (due to a patent on a self starting clock motor)  - developed master clocks to keep line frequency accurate (based on Tesla's ideas) - they also made large clock systems with a switch that allowed a 120HZ generator to manually advance the clocks - I believe some of these systems are still working almost 100 years after installation.

Thomas D. Erb
o:        508-359-9684
p:        508-359-4396 x 1700
f:        508-359-4482
a:        97 West Street, Medfield, MA 02052 USA
e:         tde at electrictime.com
w:        www.electrictime.com<http://www.electrictime.com>
Tower & Street Clocks Since 1928