[time-nuts] Re: Timestamping counter techniques : phase computation question

Erik Kaashoek erik at kaashoek.com
Tue Feb 1 07:01:04 UTC 2022

@Bob
Yes, the resolution provided with the HW is a given and is good enough
so I am most interested in those well known techniques to improve on it.
Can you provide some pointers?

I am aware of techniques like analog interpolation and time to data to
improve the accuracy but these required additional HW which is not the
topic of this question.

It is considered to adjust the 200MHz clock away from being harmonically
related to the frequency of the events to avoid dead bands once this
harmonic relations is detected.