[time-nuts] Re: HP Z3801A project update

ed breya eb at telight.com
Thu Feb 24 20:02:31 UTC 2022

Aha, thanks John. I just saw your message after sending my previous reply.

That would explain a couple of things - first, that the TCXO needs a
workout, and may have been the entire cause all along, and second, that
those Flash parts (or is it something else?) are used for storing data
during operation. This greatly simplifies my view on how the pieces work
together.

It just occurred to me that maybe the RTC chip (68HC68) has NVRAM
inside, but no - I looked it up and see that its RAM needs battery
backing too.

Ed