[time-nuts] Re: HP Z3801A project update

Larry McDavid lmcdavid at lmceng.com
Fri Feb 25 07:31:31 UTC 2022

I give up! Where is this $5 USB-to-RS422 Adapter to be found?

Amazon has such a DTECH adapter for $22.

I am using a RS422-to-RS232 adapter and it has been totally reliable for
many years. I am not trying to use the pps output via the serial link so
any delay in the USB adapter would be irrelevant.

Is anyone successfully using a USB-to-RS422 adapter to communicate with
a HP Z3801A? How does the Z3801A software need to be configured for USB
or does the USB adapter simulate a RS232 port?

A lot was left unsaid in that simple statement below...

Larry

--
Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB