[time-nuts] Re: Picotest U6200A problem with measuring PPS period very second.

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Feb 27 13:31:46 UTC 2022

Hi

If both signals arrive at the same time, many devices get a bit confused.
Many counters run into this same basic issue.

One work around is to “offset” one of the PPS signals. The cable delay
feature on the typical GPS module will let you do this over at least a
couple microseconds. For many measuring instruments this is adequate
to take care of the issue.

Bob