[time-nuts] Re: GPSDO - GPS1300-10-1000 by RFX Ltd. UK

David C. Partridge david.partridge at perdrix.co.uk
Mon Feb 28 21:48:29 UTC 2022

<http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=107&zenid=15a
92055b16c36edbdc83f4ac8fb8abc>

D.
-----Original Message-----
From: David C. Partridge <david.partridge at perdrix.co.uk>
Sent: 28 February 2022 13:56
To: 'Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement'
<time-nuts at lists.febo.com>
Subject: [time-nuts] Re: GPSDO - GPS1300-10-1000 by RFX Ltd. UK

Maybe take a look at:
http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=107&zenid=15a9
2055b16c36edbdc83f4ac8fb8abc

-----Original Message-----
From: John Moran, Scawby Design <john at scawbydesign.co.uk>
Sent: 28 February 2022 13:26
To: time-nuts at lists.febo.com
Subject: [time-nuts] GPSDO - GPS1300-10-1000 by RFX Ltd. UK

With all this interesting talk about -

a) How hard it was to build a GPSDO from scratch and
b) How, to measure a signal accurately, you need a reference circa 10x
better

I started to get worried since I want to do both. To help with the latter I
have acquired an HP5370A that just needs picking up from Scotland, where I
was hoping to maybe pick up some surplus oscillators as well. But the 10x
specs in the discussions got me worried enough to look around for a known
good GPSDO rather than buying a bag-full from China and trying to sort out a
good one.

I found this -

https://www.rfx.co.uk/pdfs/GPS_OCXO_1300_10_module.pdf

and have been quoted £500 as a special deal (they normally have a £1,000
minimum one-off charge).

Can anyone please pass some sort of judgement on whether its specs are good
enough to stand in as my master reference until I can find a Rubidium device
on this side of the pond.

John
To unsubscribe, go to and follow the instructions there.