[time-nuts] Re: Vectron 380 teardown

Lux, Jim jim at luxfamily.com
Sat Jan 15 17:01:25 UTC 2022

On 1/15/22 8:30 AM, Bob kb8tq wrote:
> Hi
>
> Ummm ….. errrr ….. somebody … errr … got you a deal on
> those parts … errr ….
>
> Bob

Indeed.  But they were also, I think, some of the first 100MHz
versions.  $400 each, in 2015.  They worked just fine.

Same mission we had the CSAC on (one goal was to compare CSAC, GPS, and
EX-421.. as it happens, our temperatures were pretty stable, so it's not
exactly a challenging test - as I recall, over the 6 months of data,
there was no real change in frequency of either CSAC or OCXO compared
against GPS, and the GPS was a simple Novatel OEM widget, so no ball of
fire time-nuts wise)