[time-nuts] Re: Dense pressure data of the last 24h and the next 48h

Jürgen Appel jap at dfm.dk
Wed Jan 19 20:42:56 UTC 2022

Hej,

On Sunday, 16 January 2022 12.31.20 CET Attila Kinali wrote:

> Not really a time-nuts thing, but sciency, still:
>
> You might have heard by now, that yesterday around 4:26 UTC there was a
> massive volcanic eruption in Tonga. Big enough to be visible on my
> barometric measurements all around the globe.
>
> The primary peak is nicely visible, but the secondary from the shock-wave
> going the other way around, about 7h later is quite a bit smaller. Now I
> would like to lift this out of the noise and thus I am looking for some
> more barometric data recorded in Europe. I can't be the only one who does
> record that every minute, am I? ;-) Especially, I would like to capture
> when the shock-wave comes around the earth a second time, which will be
> probably burried in the daily fluctuations we have.

To bridge back to time-nuts things ;-)

NMIs contributing to the international atomic time TAI also typically log
their environmental data, which is accessible at
https://webtai.bipm.org/ftp/pub/tai/data/2022/meteo/

Maybe there's the treasure you are looking for. At least the first event is
visible clearly in almost every trace without any sophisticated data
processing.

--
Jürgen Appel
Research Scientist