[time-nuts] Re: My AC measurement project & question

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Mon Jan 24 05:48:54 UTC 2022

kb8tq at n1k.org said:
> If the transformer works well up to 600Hz, isn���t that high enough to capture
> anything that actually is grid related (as opposed to local to your home /
> neighborhood )?

What's the frequency response of the transformer
  on the pole outside my house
  at the nearby substation
  at a big substation

I remember that back in the days of tubes where audio amplifiers had a
transformer to drive a speaker, there was a lot of iron in the transformer.  I
think that was for the low frequency.  I don't remember anything about high
frequencies.  Was that because there wasn't a problem or I wasn't paying
attention?

What is the frequency response of a wall wart size transformer?

---------

Is the frequency response of transmission lines interesting?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.