[time-nuts] Re: electronics question or how not to fry my raspberry pi

glen english LIST glenlist at cortexrf.com.au
Fri Jan 28 21:08:10 UTC 2022

and unless you have LOTS of experience, avoid automatic direction
(bidirectional)  translators - they are very sensitivie to pullups,
downs etc. I think best avoided unless there is no option. I2C is where
they are useful.

But otherwise, stick to unidirectional level translating as Andrew suggests.

There are few solutions that you cannot translate with just a single
transistor .

The chip translators are good for speed and edge rate.