[time-nuts] Re: Silicom PCIe timestamping network cards

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Jul 4 16:18:51 UTC 2022

Hi

I think the key parameter is the 8 ns resolution on the time stamp.
That may or may not be adequate for this or that application.

Without doing a deep dive on the part, it’s not real clear how they
deal with the accuracy of the onboard timebase. It’s rated at 0.01 ppm
with no real details. Obviously if it is free running and there is no
practical calibration approach …. that will add to the error as well.
One would *hope* they thought about this ….you never know...

Bob