[time-nuts] Re: DIY Low offset Phase Noise Analyzer

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Mon Jul 4 18:44:13 UTC 2022

Another great post from Bob (as usual).  Bob's advice
is exactly correct.  Unfortunately, the
HP 11848 phase noise test set (part of the HP 3048
PN measurement system) is poorly designed, and does
not break out the low gain non clipped signal.
I modified mine to bring out this signal and it
was MUCH easier to use.  Follow Bob's advice if
you are DIYing.

Rick N6RK