[time-nuts] Re: DIY Low offset Phase Noise Analyzer (Erik Kaashoek)

Matthias Welwarsky time-nuts at welwarsky.de
Sun Jul 10 05:59:17 UTC 2022

On Sonntag, 10. Juli 2022 01:24:49 CEST djl via time-nuts wrote:
> I checked the Hittite/AD part at Mouser, $21 and change. Problem is,
> they have a few, but it is marked obsolete/discontinued. Also, a
> devilish package to work with. . .

For a one-off project, lifetime doesn't really matter, does it?

The package is QFN, even with center pad. That is inconvenient, but not too
bad. It's just kind of small, 4mm edge length. You'd certainly need a
microscope and hot air to solder it or a quite fine soldering tip if you would
want to deadbug it. Were I to use it, and wanted to breadboard a prototype,
I'd certainly make a suitable breakout board for easier handling.