[time-nuts] Re: GPS failed

David G. McGaw david.g.mcgaw at dartmouth.edu
Mon Jul 11 14:11:11 UTC 2022

With the new 5G hardware, we are seeing all manner of new interference,
some of it quite broad-band.  A good antenna with sharp SAW filter may
help, but not if the emmisions are in-band. Besides broad-band, there
also can be 2nd harmonic emissions that cause interference.  We had this
problem with an Iridium ground station (just above the GPS L1 frequency)
for scientific balloon data that had a new cell installation placed
nearby.  We had (and thankfully were able to) have the cell base station
shut down while we were flying.

73,

David N1HAC