[time-nuts] Re: GPS failed

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Jul 11 16:06:00 UTC 2022

Hi

Are all the receivers the same type / model? If so what are they? Various
receivers made over the last 20 years have some “issues” that can pop up.

Is the antenna gain properly matched to the needs of the receiver? Some
are designed for a “target gain” of 20 db, others 30, some 50. Match a
20 db receiver with a 50 db antenna …. you have issues.

Are all the hilltops in common view of each other? Somebody jamming their
ankle bracelet could be the simple answer if they are ….

Just what overloads this or that receiver often is a bit obscure. Most are pretty
good at taking out CW tones. It often takes something a bit more complex
to drive them insane. This makes testing a bit exciting.

Lots of strange and weird possibilities.

Bob