[time-nuts] Re: : NRCan PPP Observations

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Thu Jul 28 23:16:50 UTC 2022

FWIW, I just processed eight, 6 day RINEX files at NRCan using "final"
corrections.  The combined .clk files contain a total of six phase
jumps.  I'm still teasing info out of the data, but:

-- all the jumps occurred at 0000Z

-- most of them were six days apart, indicating a jump between one
processing session and another.

-- all the jumps were less than 4 ns

-- one pair of jumps were on two consecutive days and almost exactly
cancelled each other out

That's all consistent with advice from NRCan to upload RINEX files with
multiple days' of data (max of 6 days for now), rather than individual
daily ones, as the jumps are most likely to occur across processing
boundaries -- fewer, bigger, files are likely to produce better results
than more shorter ones.

Hopefully what you've observed is an issue with the ultra-rapid
corrections only!

John
----