[time-nuts] Re: Build a 3 hat timestanp counter (hans-georg at lehnard.de)

hans-georg at lehnard.de hans-georg at lehnard.de
Wed Jun 1 11:46:54 UTC 2022

Hi,

I know Michael and his work, we have private email contact and I also
have a meter with TDC7200 from him.

I would like to solve 2 problems.

1.) I have 4 working Temex MCFRS-01 Rb oscillators (stability up to
4*10E-11 per month) and no better reference against I can measure in the
range of seconds. Therefore the idea with the 3-hat principle.

2) I have 2 HP 10811 OCXO and want to measure the short time stability
(< 1s) in the range of 10E-12.

With the BG7TBL FA2 counter I can make long time measurements over hours
against my Samsung UCCM GPS and with the HPE1740A short time
measurements up to 1.6s with 50ps resolution.

Both problems can not be solved with the FA2 and also not with the Mino
counters.

I will now try to optimize only one channel as recommended by Magnus and
bring the raw timestamps to the Pc and evaluate them there.
Then we can see if the faster sampling and averaging can solve my
problems.

Hans-Georg