[time-nuts] Re: Turning off display on HP 58503 A or B

Chris Hastreiter chastreiter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 12:32:28 UTC 2022

I'm not aware of any command to turn off the display - I haven't seen it in
the manual, but I think that it might use the same display interface as the
53131A counter.  For that unit I've added a two pole switch that allows me
to turn off the anode and filament voltages to the display when I'm not
using it.  You could measure the voltages on your interface cable and see
if it matches the 53131A schematic and if so do something similar.

Chris