[time-nuts] Re: Home Brew GSPDO

Chris Caudle 6807.chris at pop.powweb.com
Wed Jun 8 21:47:34 UTC 2022

On Wed, June 8, 2022 12:59 pm, paul swed via time-nuts wrote:
> Well the easiest thing is to use two level comparators on the filtered DC.
> One for high and the other for the low trip point.

That only tells  you if the PLL is locked to the PPS output, it does not
tell you if the PPS output is valid.

> On Wed, Jun 8, 2022 at 1:44 PM W Private via time-nuts <
>> Is there an easy way to put an indicator on this thing so I know when it
>> is locked, rather than using a computer or hooking up my scope?

You will need to check the  output messages from the GPS receiver to see
if the GPS is receiving enough satellite. That is 9600 baud serial text,
so a microcontroller can do it.
Paul's recommendation for checking whether the PLL is locked is really
only useful after you know that the signal you are tracking is actually
valid.

--
Chris Caudle