[time-nuts] Need help to DATUM Power Supply MPS (Type MFS Modular Frequency Systems)

jung.schorndorf at t-online.de jung.schorndorf at t-online.de
Thu Jun 9 14:26:08 UTC 2022

Dear hobby frequency and time device enthusiasts,

I'm a German amateur radio listener, a retired electrical engineer and I'm
an electronics hobbyist with a penchant for
precise measurement technology. My modest systems are older and have defects
again and again.

During my long unsuccessful search for a technical detail on my defective
power supply unit for the GPS frequency standard
from DATUM (Type MFS Modular Frequency Systems), I visited your homepage and
registered on "time-nuts" mailing list.
.
May I ask if you have a frequency system like this with better documents
than I do?
The problem is the defective mains transformer in the Power Supply MPS
module. I'm looking for the data (voltage & current)
to find the right one from my transformer collection.
I can only measure a few coil resistances on the transformer, the primary
coil doesn't work at all.
Also, maybe someone has the circuit of the electronics board.
Our German subsidiary DATUM-Symmetricom-Microchip no longer since 20 years
has any documents.

I also have 2 more DATUM GPS frequency standards (System 2000), the GPS/ED
167 from Meinberg/R&S and 2 DCF77
frequency standards from Plisch (POG 110) and Hirschmann (NFA-NFE 800).
Attached are photos of my defective power supply.

I am happy about every answer.
Best regards

Helmut Jung
GERMANY