[time-nuts] Re: Is SC the most stable cut for lowest phase noise?

Ross P flipperfan2k at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 12 17:18:40 UTC 2022

 I have seen that manufacturers seal their crystals in a vacuum, maybe air interaction affects Q. The point that vacuum inhibits heat flow is something I have never considered in ovenized units. My ovenized crystals take about an hour to settle. I have some WW2 surplus crystals in non-sealed packages that I have not tested... something to do.rp