[time-nuts] Knowing when the PPS signal is locked to the satellite.

Dave softfoot at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 22 12:59:29 UTC 2022

I am using a NEO-6M to provide a PPS signal for an experiment but I need
to know when it is locked or not.

Does anyone know if there is a way to find out from either the NMEA data
stream or via the proprietary protocol ??

At the moment I have it programmed to only provide a PPS signal when it
is locked (or nothing if not) and monitor
the PPS signal in the microprocessor, but it's not entirely satisfactory
and I need a better mechanism.

Dave