[time-nuts] Re: What's the best HP OCXO for frequency counter reference?

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Jun 28 21:15:36 UTC 2022

Hi

All HP 10811’s came off the same line and with the exception of the “weird” one used
in the original HP GPSDO, they all had the same parts / same optimizations in them. The
only thing that was done to make this or that dash number was to screen the finished
units. Once “enough” of this or that spec came out of screening, they stopped looking.
The “next one in line” might have well beat any of the ones in the batch … they simply
had no time ( = funds ) to screen everything.

Since this screening was done a *long* time ago, there is no way to know if the OCXO
you have still is a “good one”. Stuff happens over time …. subtle changes rarely get
noticed.

Bob