[time-nuts] Re: HP z3816a DC power supply DIP switches

Sam Bach spbach1234 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 19:51:36 UTC 2022

Yes, from what I can tell, that is a completely different and unrelated
PSU.  Mine has no rectifiers of any kind, so it definitely can't run from
AC.  All the large TO packages on the primary side are IRFP250 MOSFETs.  I
actually found in my stash of stuff a 2A rated 32V PSU, and since it was
drawing around 1.1A cold on startup at 32V, I think that adapter will work
just fine.  Interesting to know that the serial port might be RS232.  I'll
check and see if that's the case when I get hold of an antenna for it.

Thanks,

Sam