[time-nuts] Re: Tuning a GPSDO loop for optimal disturbance handling

Erik Kaashoek erik at kaashoek.com
Sun Mar 6 16:37:50 UTC 2022

Bob,
Shipping will be a bit of an issue as I'm not in the USA.
But the most sensitive voltmeter may be the VC-TCXO so some SW was added
to the GPSDO/Timer/Counter to sweep the dac's while measuring a 10 MHz
signal from a Rb.
This showed the high dac steps are all monotonic and almost equal size.
For the low dac a single step is to small too accurately measure the
frequency difference but again the steps seem to be monotonic.

I'm aware of different way's to measure phase noise. Is there a method
particularly good for GPSDO phase noise measurement?
Erik.