[time-nuts] Re: Phase coherence with 2x GPSDO

Krishna Makhija km5es at virginia.edu
Sun Mar 6 19:04:28 UTC 2022

Hi Bob,

I am currently getting +- 10 ns nominal. The antennas are currently almost
next to each other (roughly 1-2 inches apart). Yes, they should be outside
of each of their farfield zones. Here is the PPS offset I am seeing during
measurement:
[image: image.png]
And this is the frequency error I am seeing:
[image: image.png]
Overall, the GPSDOs seem to work pretty well. But the question still
remains if one can hope to get them to be phase coherent, either in
real-time or in post-processing.

Jeremy: I bought these items by writing to them. I chose to place a
purchase order (since I did it through my organization), but you might be
able to order by talking to them directly and paying using a credit card.