[time-nuts] Re: Phase coherence with 2x GPSDO

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Mar 6 21:09:00 UTC 2022

Hi

They *are* phase coherant to within 360 * 100/ 10 = 36 degrees. You
can get them to *maybe* ten degrees with this and that done here or there.

If you want them within a degree, no you can’t do that directly with GPS.
If your definition of phase coherent is zero degrees, a pair of  SDR’s off the
same buffered clock will have issues with that definition in the real world
of temperature wandering around …..

Bob