[time-nuts] Re: One-night experiment: empirically verifying that the west coast power grid is actually interconnected

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Wed Mar 9 11:02:45 UTC 2022

phk at phk.freebsd.dk said:
> If you want to see the real trouble, you need to GPS referenced high
> resolution phase measurements in two or more locations, and then plot the RMS
> of their differences.

Suppose I get a time stamp on the first zero crossing of each second.

How accurate do they have to be to see the "real trouble"?

Is a constant offset a problem?  For example, if I have identical setups at
different locations but one has a longer antenna cable.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.