[time-nuts] Re: Phase coherence with 2x GPSDO

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Wed Mar 9 22:00:37 UTC 2022

kb8tq at n1k.org said:
> If your drone is moving at 15 KPH, that���s a bit over 4 m/s. Roughly
> speaking, you would need updates at > 10 per second to keep  this from
> dominating the result. This would be true of both survey  and direct time of
> flight measurements.

Do I really need that update rate?  If the velocity changes slowly, both
magnitude and direction, then I can extrapolate.

With access to the drone control signals, I could do a better job of
predicting the path.

The subject is GPSDO so I doubt if you want to be jerking the control voltage
around.  Is there any way to take advantage of that?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.