[time-nuts] Re: What time difference to expect from two clocks using internal GPS receivers?

Carsten Andrich carsten.andrich at tu-ilmenau.de
Sun May 1 20:50:35 UTC 2022

In late 2019 we successfully employed 4 SRS FS740 (with Rb option; GNSS
receiver: Trimble RES SMT 360) to synchronize spatially distributed SDR
receivers over distances of 1~2.5 km for the purpose of locating RF
emitters via time difference of arrival. As a side product of that
measurement campaign we managed to assess the accuracy of the time
synchronization of the FS740, which was about 5 ns over the course of 4
hours with a little post-processing relying on log data from the FS740.
We circumvented the issues mentioned by Bob via a reference measurement
with known emitter location and line of sight to all receivers.

If you're interested in details, I'd refer you to a paper we published
on the measurement [1].

Best regards,
Carsten

[1] https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9128562 (behind IEEE paywall; I
can send you a personal copy of the paper upon request)