[time-nuts] Re: Internal power supply for Z3801A

ed breya eb at telight.com
Fri May 6 18:46:14 UTC 2022

I'm a little confused now about what power supply is at issue. The
normal PS board in the Z3801A mounts on top of the main board, and
provides +/- 15V and +5V to it, to run everything. The PS board also
includes the outer oven control, run from a separate 5V DC-DC converter.
The two DC-DC converters and a bunch of support circuitry are rigged to
run around 24V or 48V nominal, depending on the sub-model.

Is this the board that's missing? If so, now I understand why you're
looking for a whole new one. I was picturing fixing one that's crapped out.

I wouldn't be too picky about getting a 48V one versus 24V one - it's
better than nothing, and it's quite easy to change the external PS to
24V. Go with whichever one you can find.

If you can't find anything at all, and build an alternate system, you'll
need to replicate the outer oven control, besides supplying the main
board power.

Ed