[time-nuts] Re: Build a 3 hat timestanp counter

hans-georg at lehnard.de hans-georg at lehnard.de
Mon May 30 18:01:22 UTC 2022

Hi Magnus,

I got the E1740 last year on ebay for 80EUR and wrote a quick to dirty
software for it. This is my thread about it:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hp-e1740a-time-interval-analyzer-292384/msg3718660/#msg3718660

It has 2 channels and can timestamp any edge up to 80 Mhz.
It is possible to measure with one channel, with 2 channels and the
difference between them.
I hope to see a difference between the direct input and the TLV3501.

I also have 2 Acam 2 channel TDC AS6501 with DDR-LVDS outputs and 10ps
resolution. With this it should be possible to sample up to 12,5 MHz
with a FPGA. This will be my next project.
There is also the AS6500 which has 4 channels, but can only be read out
via SPI.

For the LTC6957 I will use the circuit from here:
https://ohwr.org/project/wr-low-jitter/uploads/74305092be60598e9bffd39d59489594/Daughterboard_V2.pdf
Page 4.

Hans-Georg