[time-nuts] Reopening an old OT topic

Bill Ezell wje at quackers.net
Sun Nov 13 17:14:15 UTC 2022

Back in 2013 I posted about some real gyros, yaw rate gyro packages from
decommisoned DC-10s. How does this relate to time-nuts? Well, take a
rate gyro output and integrate over time, you get position. That out of
the way...

I find rotating mechanical gyros to be fascinating. I came across these
again while I was cleaning out my lab. After 50 yrs, the one I hooked up
still spins up just fine. I'm impressed.

So, why the post? Seems there used to be a gyro-nuts group back then,
can't find any evidence of that now. Anyone have any clues? I had made a
lot of progress figuring out all the electronics in the package, but now
I've lost all that.

Bill

--
Bill Ezell