[time-nuts] Looking for a small number of testers for a new DMTD SW running on nanoVNA-H4 HW.

Erik Kaashoek erik at kaashoek.com
Sat Nov 12 11:47:38 UTC 2022

I've created a SW that converts a nanoVNA-H4 into a DMTD.
This is still an early SW so expect many bugs
The nanoVNA-H4 HW poses some limitations to the DMTD performance but the
testing so far seems to indicate that the ADEV  will be below 1e-12 per
second
Before making this SW available for free I'm looking for a small number of
people that are willing to test it as I do not have the required equipment.
Candidate testers should preferably have below HW.
- A fairly recent nanoVNA-H4. All models with a SD card slot should work.
After the testing the nanoVNA-H4 FW can be restored so no harm will be done
to the nanoVNA-H4. No other members of the nanoVNA family can be used.
- At least two, preferrible three or more stable clocks (ADEV at Tau=1 s
below 1e-11) at the same output frequency, could be any frequency between 1
MHz and 250 MHz. Cesium clocks and Hydrogen Masers are welcome but it is
not sure the DMTD will be good enough to observe their true ADEV.
- A good frequency counter, DMTD or PhaseStation for comparison.
- A PC with Timelab for performance evaluation as the measurement data
sharing will be done using .tim files.
If you are interested in helping with testing, please reply off the list
and indicate the equipment you intend to use for testing.
As I'm rather busy with the tinySA Ultra launch, only a limited number of
testers can participate.
Erik.